Family Flight Packages
Family Flight Packages Booking Form
Valid for 12 months or Refundable conditions apply see T&C's Point 12
Adults 13 years +
Children 6 – 12 yrs
Family fun in the Yarra Valley with a sunrise hot air balloon flight.
Allow 3-4 hours for the ballooning experience and additional time if breakfast is included.
Flight time approx 1 hr.
Meeting Time: Approx 1 hour before first light - Yarra Valley
Basket Height: Approx 1100mm / 1.1 metres
Each basket has foot holes used for embarking and disembarking the balloon. These also provide a perfect viewing opportunity for children.
BONUS - Free in-flight photography on most flights at the pilots discretion
BONUS - Flight Certificate emailed to each family, a great memento of your family fun
FAMILY PACKAGE INFORMATION
Select your preferred family package from the drop down options
Add breakfast at Chateau Yering Hotel $35 pp from the drop down list
Family package rates are already discounted, no further discounts apply
Select your flight date, complete the Booking Form & submit
Your Flight Itinerary Confirmation will be emailed to you immediately
Read your Confirmation and don't forget to 'check-in' with the pilot the evening before your flight between 6 - 7pm (18:00 - 19:00), this is when you will receive the information for the morning & the meeting time
Don't forget to bring a small snack (piece of fruit) & water bottle for the children, it's an early start and a few hours before breakfast
Plan a bathroom stop before arriving at Chateau Yering Hotel
All passengers require comfortable, enclosed, flat shoes, a hat and sunglasses
Most flights proceed on the scheduled day, however, if the weather is not suitable the pilot may cancel.
If you are unable to reschedule, these packages are refundable. Email your request to our office within 14 days of the pilot cancelling your first confirmed flight.
Alternatively, your family package is valid for 12 months and you are welcome to complete a Reschedule Request and fly with us another day
Weather / Meteorology
- Hot air ballooning is a weather dependant activity
- The majority of scheduled flights do proceed as the Yarra Valley is protected by mountain ranges
- Passenger safety is our first priority
- Our CASA approved pilots, trained in meteorology, will evaluate the weather and cancel a flight if it is not safe to fly
- Avoid following Melbourne weather forecasts and in particular long-range forecasts that are not relevant to ballooning in the Yarra Valley
- GWB has registered access to detailed weather reports from the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) specific to ballooning in the Yarra Valley
- No aviation flight or activity is ever 100% guaranteed
Hot Air Balloon Flight Itinerary
Allow up to 5 hours
- Balloon meeting time is confirmed the evening before your flight when you 'check-in' with our duty pilot
- Flight morning commences at Chateau Yering Hotel approximately one (1) hour before sunrise
- Go Wild Ballooning transfer passengers from Chateau Yering to the launch site
- Balloon launch & landing site, flight path and views vary daily depending on the wind speed & direction we have on the morning of your flight
- No two flights are ever the same
- The balloon is inflated and we encourage passenger participation. This is also a great time to take photographs
- Your hot air balloon flight is approximately one hour with magnificent views of the vineyards, mountain ranges, the meandering Yarra River below with distant views of the Melbourne CBD skyline and Port Phillip Bay
- Upon landing passengers are encouraged to participate in the deflation process and packing up the balloon. This is a great time for taking photographs and a fun way to complete your ballooning experience
- Arriving back at Chateau Yering Hotel we enjoy a gourmet breakfast in Sweetwater Cafe’